Monday, March 19, 2012

A Morning at the Dugout...

        The second addiction workshop was well received, and we learned what a positive experience is was to hold it at the Dugout. The mixture of regular visitors, staff and volunteers from First United Church, those who attend the daily AA meetings, and volunteers from other societies in the DTES gave us a sense of community.
         The feedback was "too much material in too short a time!"  The group would have been interested in meeting more often allowing more discussion and interaction.
          I certainly will  take this into consideration for the next workshops being planned. I forget I keep adding and integrating material as I continue my studies. I have just revised the workshop and now have it all on power point which should be a great teaching aid.
        I spend a considerable amount of my time in Vancouver at the Dugout. I am pleased to be on the board of directors and am very invested in the services they offer. I hope you will take a little over two minutes and click on video to watch "A Morning at the Dugout."
        I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and it is always so meaningful to hear from you...
Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment