Monday, December 26, 2011

Introduction to "My Ladies"

I hope your Christmas was as meaningful as mine. Pictured are my three daughters and two grandchildren. From left to right and in order of birth are Kelly, Katie, and Courtney. Molly and Pippin are Katie's daughters.What a joy to see them all doing so well.

I was also able to meet with old friends while in Fresno. My friendship with Larry & Sharon File began in 1968 when I was at Fresno State playing football. Later, they introduced me  to Christ. About two months ago I got a surprise phone call in Vancouver when they made a trip to visit me and tour the DTES. Sharon is a newly published author and I have asked her to write a few words about their experience for a future blog.

Another visit was with a long time mentor, Jim Westgate. I first knew Jim when I was a student at Dallas Seminary in the early 70's. We reconnected in 2000 when I moved back to Fresno before taking the counseling job in Roseburg OR. I accompanied Jim  and his wife Nancy on a tour of Turkey and Greece he led visiting most of  the New Testament church sites.

What a confirmation that the only things that really matter are our relationships. I will be on my way back to Roseburg tomorrow. Looking forward to visiting with many of you on December 31 at Redeemer's Fellowship.

Shalom,
Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment